This. Is. Hilarious! I nearly spit hot chocolate all over my computer when reading it the first time (hey, it’s cold here!) Reminds me of the days when I read though the Confessions of a Shopaholic series. This was written by the hilarious Alana Sheldahl, who has been a part of the Wrapunzel community for years. I think we’ve all had those moments when we organize our scarf collections and are completely overwhelmed! Well, this should help!
How to NOT have too many scarves:
Divide and conquer. It’s not a question of how MANY scarves you have. After all, life is full of so many different seasons, occasions, and colors. Divide and conquer, sisters. Divide. And. Conquer.
2. Pull out all your pashminas. Inventory. Realize you only own 30 of them and if you wear one per day, you will still not have enough pashminas asthere are days left this winter. Drink some hot cocoa and browse the Wrapunzel site for what else you can buy to fill in the obvious gap in your winter tichel wardrobe. Pashminas are their own separate entity and don’t really count in your tichel inventory, do they? No, they stand alone. Give them their own space.
3. Set aside all your sashes…because they aren’t real scarves anyways. These sashes hardly count, because they need other scarves to go with them. They are decoration.
4. 2 in 1‘s don’t count in your “real tichels” pile….soooo light weight, and basic. You need ALL of them. Make a list of the colors you lack.
5. Separate out the rest of your tichels into color categories. Notice how each shade of blue is different, that your half dozen mostly-green scarvces are all unique and how there’s so many shades of reds the mind is boggled. Clearly, when you divide them by color you have very few tichels […of each color].
6. Put all your New York Brights in one place. Only five of them? Plan to rectify as soon as possible.
8. Notice how FEW scarves you have when looked at categorically. Be amazed at your frugality. Oh, and everything lace goes in that drawer over there…
9. Have another cup of hot beverage and make a wish list.
10.; And whatever you do…never ever EVER count your sari scarves.