Here are the guidelines for anyone that wants to join the Wrapunzel Fangroup on Facebook!
Welcome to the Wrapunzel Group!
If you’re new here, we are so excited to get to know you. Each woman brings her own special spark and makes this community vibrant and miraculous. This is the place to swap tichel wrapping ideas, answer questions, get inspired, and safely share with each other, no matter what background you’re from! It is a place of love, understanding, and connection.
The details are what make any home special, and the Wrapunzel Fangroup is no exception. Your moderators want to make sure you have the most positive experience here possible. These rules have been created with much care and deliberation from to our collective knowledge and past experiences. We’re very serious about your safety and making sure that no one takes advantage of the wonderful atmosphere here.
Wrapunzel Fangroup Guidelines:
By requesting to join this group, you affirm that you have read and understand these guidelines. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
These rules are all based on the very important bottom line that this group is a community fostered and inspired by creative output of the ladies from Wrapunzel. The rules are here to maintain the special, supportive, and safe atmosphere of the group. Anyone wanting to join or already belonging to this group with any agenda that is not about personal growth and spiritual health (whether it be pushing your religious beliefs on others, money/business oriented motivations, political interests, or just general negativity, etc.) should please not join this group. The following rules should help clarify this:
1. If you have any questions about whether or not it is appropriate to post something, clear it with a moderator before posting. Do not post anything starting with something like, “Not sure if this is okay to post here but… “ or “Moderators please let me know if this can be approved…” or “I know this is off topic but…” Any questionable posts need to begin with “[Moderator Approved]”, and the way to get this done is by asking a moderator before posting. Please follow this rule so other ladies know to do the same. See guidelines below for kinds of posts that may need to go through a moderator before posting, but when in doubt, ask a mod first!
2. This Group is for women only. Please message a moderator if you have any questions about this (such as shared profiles with partners, gender identity etc.) and we will discuss with you how to best participate in the group. If you are joining this group and have high privacy settings on your profile, please write us a short note telling us a little about yourself. We will PM you when you request to join the group, so make sure that you check your ‘message requests’ folder for messages from moderators!
3. Please keep your posts and comments on topic (aka related to tichels!) and within the framework of what Wrapunzel is all about: a life affirming community that seeks to bring women together from all walks of life, bonding through the shared love of head wrapping. This group is a safe haven for many; a place to come and experience joy, acceptance, and positivity. We love sharing our personal journeys and stories of growth, and have built beautiful movements through this sort of sharing on here. Please keep in mind that personal posts such as these must be thought out before posting in order to keep our group an open and beautiful space for all; this is not a place for posting prayer requests, excess negativity, or simply venting. Prayer requests must go through a moderator first. However, this is a wonderful place to come to for advice on any struggles you might be having with hair covering and how it affects one’s life. Treat everyone on here with the respect that you would hope to be treated with, and please do your part in maintaining the positive atmosphere of this group for everyone. Sharing stories of overcoming struggles and dealing with personal growth challenges is highly encouraged, and the support system here is out of this world. However, we need to always be aware of the power of our words, and be considerate of all the members that come here to experience the positivity and light that the Wrapunzel community has to offer!
4. Wrapunzel respects that each of us live different lives. We come together from vastly different backgrounds and the bridges that we have built are what makes this place so miraculous. While you may make mention of your place of worship, lifestyle choice, holiday etc., please do not overshare or attempt to influence others through religious teachings, other doctrines or misrepresentation either on the group wall or in private messages. Note that any mention or allusion to missionary work/proselytization is strictly prohibited If you witness anything of this sort happening, please notify a moderator immediately. Since this rule is somewhat of a grey area, it is always best to ask before posting if there is a doubt.
5. With this in mind, please keep in mind that while Wrapunzel is a Jewish website run by Jewish ladies, the community of Wrapunzel comes from all over the world (and is only 1/3 Jewish!) Ladies on here cover because they’re from different religions, for health and hereditary reasons, for fashion, for feminism, and much more! When you post, please be considerate of the reality that the ladies here come from different backgrounds and try to define any terms that you use.
6. You may not use this group to solicit members for personal/outside ventures through posting or private messages unless you have been granted express permission from a moderator. This includes sharing events, writing papers, trading of merchandise, personal videos that are not about hair wrapping, your own blog, looking for volunteers for a cause, etc. If you have a something of this nature that you think would benefit the Wrapunzel community and would like to promote and share, you must clear it with a moderator before being allowed to post.
7. We encourage sharing creative ideas but please note posting affiliate sources (aka stores, online or otherwise) or links is not allowed due to past incidents related to #8. While we understand the innocence in saying “Got this scarf at 50% off at X big box store! Woohoo!” we sadly can’t allow this sort of sharing, because there is a huge grey area between this sort of sharing and advertising for said store. Unfortunately we have had incidents in the past of businesses exploiting members of this group and we need to keep that sort of thing away from here. If you want to know where someone got her outfit, please message her privately. You must approach the person, and privately – she may not approach you. (Posting your own personal tichel tying tutorials, as long as not related to another store, is totally fine!)
8. This community is fostered by Wrapunzel and the obvious effort that goes into building this type of trust and connection. It is unfair to the members of this group to exploit this closeness by using it as a business network rather than a social one. Therefore, if you are a vendor that sells tichels or scarves/accessories, please do not join this group. Using this forum (including the blog/site/page and privately messaging members) as a business network is strictly prohibited. If you sell tichels, no matter how few, you may not post your products on here, however subtly you are showcasing them. You may not use this group as a business network in any way. If you witness anything of this sort happening, please flag the post and notify a moderator immediately.
9. Political comments do not have a place on this group. World events can be discussed elsewhere. Please message a moderator if you have a question about whether or not a post may be political. Here we focus only on our own personal journeys. For further clarification, please see the footnote at the end of the list.
10. We all love and admire each other’s incredible photos and posts! However, many members of this group treat this group as a private safe haven. If you would like to share someone’s photo/video/writing on any forum other than this one, you must ask and be granted this person’s permission before doing so. On the same note, we must remind you that while this group is a ‘closed’ forum, please use your common sense when sharing.
11. Please do not arrange meet ups, swaps, etc. using this group. We are serious about your safety and cannot be accountable for any of the mishaps that may happen (use your imagination – a lot can go wrong!) If you become friends with someone that you meet in this group, you do so at your own risk. Please inform us of any negative incidents so we can deal with them and protect our community as much as possible. While we try to speak to every member that we let in here, we cannot vouch for everyone’s integrity. Please use common sense and discretion and remember that while this is a private group and we do everything we can to keep it safe, this is also the internet, and anyone can take a screenshot. Please use your ‘street smarts’ when sharing personal information; we do everything we can to protect our members, but we would rather not have to deal with incidents after the fact, if possible.
12. If your post was removed from the group, please review these guidelines to see why it was removed. If there is any confusion still, contact a moderator and we will let you know why it was removed. If you see a post on the group that is offensive and/or goes against the group guidelines, contact a moderator right away. Do not take matters into your own hands by privately messaging the offending party or engaging in negative speech on the post. Simply tag a moderator (or even better, tag more than one!) in the post and send us a private message as well. You can (and should) also report the post so we can remove it quickly; this is easily done by clicking the little grey arrow at the top right side of the post.
Your moderators are peace loving, hard working individuals and everything that we do on here is with the benefit this group in mind. In a large and diverse group like this, we sometimes have to make difficult decisions, but rest assured that we discuss these issues at length, always do our absolute best, and work together continuously to make this group the miraculous and safe place that it is. Please note that being rude to and/or blocking a moderator on facebook will result in your removal from the group. All major decisions are discussed between us and we are in communication constantly in order to make this group better and better for you!
Thank you for following these guidelines and being such a wonderful contributor! We’re looking forward to spending may more gratitude filled days together with you and some incredible tichels!
Love, your moderators ♥
Footnote regarding #9:
Your moderators would like you to know that we care about each and every member of our community. And so, in an attempt to keep the fan group from becoming political and exclusionary to those with differing beliefs on the politics going on in the Middle-East and other strife-ridden areas, we are respectfully asking that if you choose to wrap in national colors, that you do not include political messages, opinions, or hashtags in your post.
Hashtags or references to specific political situations, terrorism, patriotism for any country, etc. will result in your post being removed. While it may seem harsh, this policy protects the group from extremism as well as making it a space safe from arguments, hate speech, and conflict – unlike so many other media outlets that we have to deal with.
Please do not construe this as support for or nonsupport for any political stance, but merely a way to keep the peace in the Fangroup and to keep it a safe place for all our members. We have worked very hard to make this group a place where women come to get away from all the negativity in the world, a safe haven, and we do not want world events brought in here.
Thank you so much for understanding and respecting our request!